Place:


Middleton upon Leven  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Middleton upon Leven like this:

MIDDLETON-UPON-LEVEN, a township-chapelry in Rudby-in-Cleveland parish, N. R. Yorkshire; on the river Leven, 4½ miles ESE of Yarm r. station. Posttown, Yarm. Acres, 1,129. Real property, 1,368. Pop., 108. Houses, 19. The manor belongs to Viscount Falkland. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Rudby, in the diocese of York. The church is a small building, with a bell turret.

Middleton upon Leven through time

Middleton upon Leven is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Middleton upon Leven itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Middleton upon Leven, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13712

Date accessed: 27th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Middleton upon Leven ".