Place:


Knotting  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Knotting like this:

KNOTTING, or NOTTING, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Bedford; adjacent to Northamptonshire, 2 miles NNE of Sharnbrook r. station, and 4½ SSE of Higham-Ferrers. Post town, Sharnbrook, under Bedford. Acres, 1, 724. Real property, £1, 887. Pop., 185. Houses, 31. ...


The property belongs to the Duke of Bedford. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Souldrop, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £280. * Patron, the Duke of Bedford. The church has Saxon and Norman portions; consists of nave, S chapel, and chancel, with wooden porch and square tower; and, in 1866, was about to be restored and partially rebuilt.

Knotting through time

Knotting is now part of Bedford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bedford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Knotting itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Knotting, in Bedford and Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1371

Date accessed: 28th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Knotting ".