Place:


Spanby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Spanby like this:

SPANBY, a parish in Sleaford district, Lincoln; 5 miles SSE of Sleaford r. station. Post town, Falkingham. Acres, 1,019. Real property, £1,374. Pop., 75. Houses, 15. The manor belongs to W. Cragg, Esq. The living is a rectory, annexed to Swaton.

Spanby through time

Spanby is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Spanby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Spanby, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13649

Date accessed: 26th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Spanby ".