Place:


Llanynys  Denbighshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanynys like this:

LLANYNYS, a parish in Ruthin district, Denbigh; on the river Clwyd, and on the Denbigh, Ruthin, and Corwen railway, around Rhewl r. station, 4 miles N by W of Ruthin. It contains the townships of Trefechan, Rhydonen, Maesmancymro, Bryncaredig, Bachymbyd, and Esceibon; and its Post town is Ruthin, DenbighshireAcres, 4,921. ...


Rated property, £6,588. Pop., 723Houses, 146. The property is divided among a few. Bachymbyd and Rhydyeilgwyn are seats of Lord Bagot; and Plasyward belongs to Sir W. W. Wynne, Bart. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Cyfylliog, in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £415.* Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church was renovated in 1862, and has two fine E windows.

Llanynys through time

Llanynys is now part of Denbighshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Denbighshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanynys itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanynys in Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1364

Date accessed: 09th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanynys ".