Place:


Skinnand  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Skinnand like this:

SKINNAND, a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; 7 miles SE of Swinderby r. station, and 9 S by W of Lincoln. Post town, Newark. Acres, 600. Real property, £1,563. Pop., 24. Houses, 3. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £106. Patron, S. Nicholls, Esq. The church has long been in ruins.

Skinnand through time

Skinnand is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Skinnand itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Skinnand, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13573

Date accessed: 12th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Skinnand ".