Place:


Skendleby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Skendleby like this:

SKENDLEBY, a parish, with a village, in Spilsby district, Lincoln; 2½ miles WSW of Willoughby r. station, and 3¾ NNE of Spilsby. Post town, Spilsby. Acres, 1,710. Real property, £2,400. Pop., 299. Houses, 64. The manor belongs to Lord Willoughby D'Eresby, and J. Holland, Esq. S. Hall, S. Thorpe, and S. Lodge are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £155.* Patron, Lord Willoughby D'Eresby. The church is early English. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a parochial school, and charities £5 and allotments.

Skendleby through time

Skendleby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Skendleby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Skendleby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13570

Date accessed: 25th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Skendleby ".