Place:


Searby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Searby like this:

SEARBY-WITH-OWMBY, a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln; on the Wolds, 1½ mile E S E of Howsham r. station, and 4 N W by N of Caistor. Post-town, Brigg. Acres, 1,860. Real property, £3, 474. Pop., 263. Houses 51. The manor belongs to T. J. Dixon, Esq. The living is a double vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £194.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Bristol. The church was built in 1833. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.

Searby through time

Searby is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Searby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Searby, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13560

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Searby ".