Place:


Scopwick  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Scopwick like this:

SCOPWICK, a parish, with a village, in Sleaford district, Lincoln; near the Sleaford and Lincoln railway, 8½ miles N of Sleaford. It has a post-office under Sleaford. Acres, 3, 190. Real property, £3, 759. Pop., 383. Houses, 79. The manor belongs to H. Chaplin, Esq.several ancient earthworks are on S. heath. The parish is a meet for the Burton hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £185.* Patron, the Bishop of Lincoln. The church was partly rebuilt in 1806. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a Churchschool.

Scopwick through time

Scopwick is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Scopwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Scopwick, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13542

Date accessed: 22nd June 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Scopwick ".