Place:


Scamblesby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Scamblesby like this:

SCAMBLESBY, a parish, with a village, in Horncastle district, Lincoln; on the Wolds, 6 miles N by E of Horncastle r. station. It has a post-office under Horncastle. Acres, 2, 150. Real property, £3, 228. Pop., 471. Houses, 103. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £300. Patron, the Bishop of Lincoln. The church is good. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, and a national school.

Scamblesby through time

Scamblesby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Scamblesby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Scamblesby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13536

Date accessed: 19th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Scamblesby ".