Place:


Sausthorpe  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sausthorpe like this:

SAUSTHORPE, a parish, with a village, in Spilsby district, Lincoln; on the river Steeping, 2½ miles N W of Spilsby r. station. Post-town, Spilsby. Acres, 728. Real property, £1, 840. Pop., 144. Houses, 27. The manor, with New Hall, belongs to the Rev. F. Swan. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £216. Patron, the Rev. F. Swan. The church was re-built in 1844; is in the early English style; and has acrocketted spire. There is a national school.

Sausthorpe through time

Sausthorpe is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sausthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sausthorpe, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13530

Date accessed: 21st September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sausthorpe ".