Place:


Ruckland  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ruckland like this:

RUCKLAND, a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; 4½ miles W S W of Anthorpe r. station, and 6 S of Louth. Post-town, Louth. Acres, 713. Real property, £820. Pop., 46. Houses, 7. The manor belongs to J. W. Dawber, Esq. R. House is the residence of J. Heanley, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with Farforth and Maidenwell, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £315.* Patron, the Earl of Yarborough.

Ruckland through time

Ruckland is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ruckland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ruckland, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13514

Date accessed: 19th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ruckland ".