Place:


Rowston  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rowston like this:

ROWSTON, or Roulston, a parish, with a village, in Sleaford district, Lincoln; near the Sleaford and Lincoln railway, 6¾ miles N by E of Sleaford. Post-town, Sleaford. Acres, 1, 520. Real property, £2, 960. Pop., 224. Houses, 43. The property is divided among a few. The manor is held by J. Hood, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £194. Patrons, the Thorold Family. The church is good, and has a tower and spire. There is a parochial school.

Rowston through time

Rowston is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rowston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rowston, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13509

Date accessed: 22nd June 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rowston ".