Place:


Rippingale  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rippingale like this:

RIPPINGALE, a village and a parish in Bourn district, Lincoln. The village stands near the Bourn and Lincoln railway, 5 miles N of Bourn; and has a post-office under Bourn. The parish comprises 2, 740 acres. Real property, £5, 993. Pop. in 1851, 661; in 1861, 569. Houses, 134. The manor and most of the land belong to Lord Aveland. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £895.* Patron, Lord Aveland. The church is old but good. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, a parochial school, and charities £9.

Rippingale through time

Rippingale is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rippingale itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rippingale, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13504

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rippingale ".