Place:


Rigsby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rigsby like this:

RIGSBY-WITH-AILBY, a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln: 1½ mile W of Alford r. station. Post-town, Alford. Acres, 1,040. Real property, £1, 299. Pop., 102. Houses, 19. The manor belongs to the Right Hon. R. A. Hamilton. About 120 acres are under wood. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Alford, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church was re-built in 1864, and is in the early Norman style.

Rigsby through time

Rigsby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rigsby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rigsby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13503

Date accessed: 21st September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rigsby ".