Place:


Mickleton  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mickleton like this:

MICKLETON, a township in Romald-Kirk parish, N. R. Yorkshire; on the Tees river and Tees Valley railway, 7¼ miles NW of Barnard-Castle. It has a post office under Darlington, a r. station, a chapel of ease, chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, and a free school. Acres, 4,890. Real property, £3,169. Pop., 688. Houses, 122. Most of the surface is high moorland.

Mickleton through time

Mickleton is now part of Teesdale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Teesdale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Mickleton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mickleton, in Teesdale and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13496

Date accessed: 11th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Mickleton ".