Place:


Redbourne  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Redbourne like this:

REDBOURNE, a village and a parish in Glanford-Brigg district, Lincoln. The village stands near Ermine-street, 2¾ miles E by N of Kirton r. station; and has a post-office under Kirtonin-Lindsey. The parish comprises 3, 919 acres. Real property, £4, 599. Pop., 320. Houses, 65. The manor, with R. ...


Hall and most of theland, belongs to the Duke of St. Albans. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £250.* Patron, the Duke of St. Albans. The church is excellent; has a beautiful stained glass window and a fine lofty tower; and is the burial-place of the St. Albansfamily. There is an endowed school.

Redbourne through time

Redbourne is now part of North Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Redbourne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Redbourne in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13493

Date accessed: 10th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Redbourne ".