Place:


North Rauceby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Rauceby like this:

RAUCEBY (North), a parish, with a village, in Sleaford district, Lincoln; near Ermine-street, and 3½ miles W by N of Sleaford r. station. Post-town, Sleaford-Acres, 3, 460. Real property, £3, 486. Pop., 279. Houses, 48. The manor belongs to the Marquis of Bristol. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £166.* Patron, Sir J.Thorold, Bart. The church is old but good, and has a recent spire. There are a national school, and charities £5.

North Rauceby through time

North Rauceby is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Rauceby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Rauceby, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13476

Date accessed: 16th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Rauceby ".