Place:


West Rasen  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Rasen like this:

RASEN (West), a village and a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln. The village stands on the river Rasen, 3 miles W of Market-Rasen r. station, and has a post-office under Market-Rasen. The parish comprises 2, 750 acres. Real property, £4, 606. Pop., 245. Houses, 47. The manor belongs to Lord Herries. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £543.* Patron, the Rev. W. W. Cooper. The church, a few years ago, was partly rebuilt; and has a tower. There is a national school.

West Rasen through time

West Rasen is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Rasen itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Rasen, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13475

Date accessed: 26th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Rasen ".