Place:


Raithby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Raithby like this:

RAITHBY, a village and a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln. The village stands 2 miles N W of Spilsby, and 6 N W of Firsby r. station; and has a post-office under Spilsby. The parish comprises 680 acres. Real property, £2,021. Pop., 217. Houses, 38. The property is much divided. R. Hall is the seat of the Rev. E. Rawnsley. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lin-coln. Value, £301. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is old. There are a Wesleyan chapel and an endowed school with £14 a year.

Raithby through time

Raithby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Raithby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Raithby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13462

Date accessed: 20th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Raithby ".