Place:


Marton le Moor  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Marton le Moor like this:

MARTON-LE-MOOR, a township-chapelry in Topcliffe parish, N. R. Yorkshire; 3 miles NNW of Boroughbridge r. station. Post town, Boroughbridge, under York. Acres, 1,614. Real property, £2,740. Pop., 205. Houses, 48. The property belongs to Earl de Grey. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Valne, £83. Patron, the Vicar of Topcliffe. The church is good; and there is a national school.

Marton le Moor through time

Marton le Moor is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Marton le Moor itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Marton le Moor, in Harrogate and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13450

Date accessed: 17th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Marton le Moor ".