Place:


Yarlington  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Yarlington like this:

YARLINGTON, a parish, with a village, in Wincanton district, Somerset; 3 miles SSE of Castle-Cary r. station. It has a post-office under Bath, and a fair on 26 Aug. Acres, 1,207. Real property, £2,625. Pop., 246. Houses, 54. The manor belongs to T. E. Rogers, Esq. Remains of an ancient camp are on a hill. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £252.* Patron, the Rev. R. G. Rogers. The church is early English.

Yarlington through time

Yarlington is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Yarlington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Yarlington in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13437

Date accessed: 21st September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Yarlington ".