Place:


Pickworth  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pickworth like this:

PICKWORTH, a parish in Grantham district, Lincoln; near the Bourn and Lincoln railway, 2 miles W of Falkingham. Post-town, Falkingham. Acres, 1, 473. Real property, £2, 228. Pop., 253. Houses, 57. The manor belongs to the Duke of St. Albans. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £400. Patron, the Duke of St. Albans. The church is early English, in good condition; and has a spire.

Pickworth through time

Pickworth is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pickworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pickworth, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13427

Date accessed: 19th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pickworth ".