Place:


Oxcombe  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Oxcombe like this:

OXCOMBE, a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; on the Wolds, 6 miles N E by N of Horncastle r. station. Post-town, Horncastle. Acres, 1,020. Real property, £1, 200. Pop., 27. Houses, 4. The property belongs to D. Briggs, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £217.* Patron, D. Briggs, Esq. The church is a neat small building, in the pointed style; and consists of nave and chancel withoctagonal tower.

Oxcombe through time

Oxcombe is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Oxcombe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Oxcombe, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13407

Date accessed: 19th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Oxcombe ".