Place:


Osbournby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Osbournby like this:

OSBOURNBY, a village and a parish in Sleaford district, Lincoln. The village stands near the Lincoln, Sleaford, and Bourn railway, 3 miles N of Folkingham, and 5½ S of Sleaford; is a neat place; and has a post-office under Folkingham. The parish comprises 1, 260 acres. Real property, £3, 422. ...


Pop., 613. Houses, 138. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Sir T. Whichcote, Bart.; and Osbournby Hall is the residence of G. Whichcote, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. value, £234.* Patrons, Hulme's Trustees. The church is later English, in good condition; consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower; and contains a Norman font and some richly carved seats. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed day-school with £20 a year, and an endowed infant school with £15.

Osbournby through time

Osbournby is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Osbournby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Osbournby, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13388

Date accessed: 17th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Osbournby ".