Place:


Normanton  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Normanton like this:

NORMANTON, a parish in Grantham district, Lincoln; 2¼ miles W of Ermine-street, 2¼ N N E of Honington r. station, and 7 N N E of Grantham. It has a post-office under Grantham. Acres, 1, 540. Real property, £2,040. Pop., 172. Houses, 37. The property is divided among a few. The manor and most of the land belong to Earl Brownlow. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £104. Patron, the Marquis of Bristol. The church is partly Norman; was recently restored; comprises aisles and chancel; and contains an old font. Charities, £5.

Normanton through time

Normanton is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Normanton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Normanton, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13366

Date accessed: 27th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Normanton ".