Place:


Timberscombe  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Timberscombe like this:

TIMBERSCOMBE, a parish, with a village, in Williton district, Somerset; 7¾ miles W by S of Watchet r. station. It has a post-office under Taunton. Acres, 1,902. Real property, £2,063 Pop., 434. Houses, 91. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £200.* Patron, the Bishop of B. and W. The church is of the 15th century. There are an endowed school with £187 a year, and charities £10.

Timberscombe through time

Timberscombe is now part of West Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Timberscombe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Timberscombe in West Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13346

Date accessed: 18th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Timberscombe ".