Place:


Lissett  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lissett like this:

LISSETT, a township-chapelry, with a small village, in Beeford parish, E. R. Yorkshire; near the coast, a miles ESE of Lowthorpe r. station, and 7 S by W of Bridlington. It has a post office under Hull. Acres, 1,150. Real property, with Little Kelk, £2,326. Pop., 112. Houses, 21. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Beeford, in the diocese of York. The church is of the early part of the 13th century; and contains a round chancel arch and a Norman font.

Lissett through time

Lissett is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lissett itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lissett, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13315

Date accessed: 25th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lissett ".