Place:


Lindrick  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lindrick like this:

LINDRICK, a township in Ripon parish, W. R. Yorkshire; contiguous to Studley Park, 2¾ miles W by S of Ripon. Acres, 820. Pop., 17. The name Lindrick was formerly written Linerigg; and is thought to designate a ridge of land running through the township, and popularly called Roman-Rigg. A massive ancient gold ring was found, near this ridge, about 1820; and con siderable traces of an ancient village are in a field called Yattsgarth.

Lindrick through time

Lindrick is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lindrick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lindrick, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13310

Date accessed: 19th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lindrick ".