Place:


Castle Leavington  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Castle Leavington like this:

CASTLE-LEAVINGTON, a township in Kirk-Leavington parish, N. R. Yorkshire; on a branch of the river Tees, 3½ miles S E of Yarm. Acres, 1,828. Real property, £1,327. Pop., 53. Houses, 6.

Castle Leavington through time

Castle Leavington is now part of Stockton on Tees district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stockton on Tees has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Castle Leavington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Castle Leavington, in Stockton on Tees and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13295

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Castle Leavington ".