Place:


Kirby Sigston  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kirby Sigston like this:

KIRBY-SIGSTON, a township and a parish in Northallerton district, N. R. Yorkshire. The township lies on Cod beck, 3 miles E by N of Northallerton r. station; and has a post office under Northallerton. Acres, 1, 216. Real property, £1, 275. Pop., 110. Houses, 22. The parish contains also the township of Winton, and that of Sowerby-under-Cotcliff. Acres, 3, 369. Real proPerty, £3, 566. Pop., 257. Houses, 51. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value and patron, not reported.

Kirby Sigston through time

Kirby Sigston is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kirby Sigston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kirby Sigston, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13204

Date accessed: 09th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kirby Sigston ".