Place:


Preston Plucknett  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Preston Plucknett like this:

PRESTON-PLUCKNETT, a village and a parish in Yeovil district, Somerset. The village stands 1 mile N N E of Yeovil r. station; and has a post-office, of the name of Preston, under Yeovil. The parish comprises 790 acres. Real property, £2, 409. Pop., 363. Houses, 73. Most of the property belongs to LadyJ. Fane and R. Tucker, Esq. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Yeovil, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. The church is early English, and has a tower. Charities, £7.

Preston Plucknett through time

Preston Plucknett is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Preston Plucknett itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Preston Plucknett in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13153

Date accessed: 14th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Preston Plucknett ".