Place:


Pendomer  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pendomer like this:

PENDOMER, a parish in Yeovil district, Somerset; 2 miles N E of Sutton-Bingham r. station, and 4 S W by S of Yeovil. Post-town, Yeovil. Acres, 1,090. Real property, £1, 105. Pop., 96. Houses, 14. The manor belongs to W. H. Helyar, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £231.* Patron, W. H. Halyer, Esq. The church is later English, and contains an effigies of a Knight Templar.

Pendomer through time

Pendomer is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pendomer itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pendomer in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13138

Date accessed: 20th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Pendomer".