Place:


Lufton  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lufton like this:

LUFTON, a parish in Yeovil district, Somerset; 3 miles NW by W of Yeovil town and r. station. Post town, Yeovil. Acres, 292. Pop., 31. Houses, 5. The manor belongs to J. Farquharson, Esq. The liv ing is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £107.* Patron, E. Newman, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1866.

Lufton through time

Lufton is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lufton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lufton in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13077

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lufton ".