Place:


Langridge  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Langridge like this:

LANGRIDGE, a parish, with a village, in Bath district, Somerset; adjacent to Gloucestershire, and near Lansdown Hill, 4 miles NNW of Bath r. station. Post-town, Bath. Acres, 655. Real property, £1,029. Pop., 102. Houses, 19. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £111. * Patron, G. W. Blathwayt, Esq. The church measures only 50 feet by 18; has a beautiful Anglo-Norman entrance; and was recently in bad condition.

Langridge through time

Langridge is now part of Bath and North East Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bath and North East Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Langridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Langridge in Bath and North East Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13036

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Langridge ".