Place:


Langford Budville  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Langford Budville like this:

LANGFORD-BUDVILLE, a village and a parish in Wellington district, Somerset. The village stands on the river Tone, near the Western canal, 1½ mile NW of Wellington r. station; and has a post-office under Wellington, Somerset. The parish comprises 1,853 acres. Real property, £3,420. ...


Pop. in 1851,577; in 1861, 457. Houses, 100. The property is divided among a few. The manor and much of the land belong to E. A. Sandford, Esq. Bindon House is a lunatic asylum. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Milverton, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. The church is later English; and consists of nave, aisle, and chancel, with a tower. There is a national school.

Langford Budville through time

Langford Budville is now part of Taunton Deane district. Click here for graphs and data of how Taunton Deane has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Langford Budville itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Langford Budville, in Taunton Deane and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13031

Date accessed: 04th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Langford Budville ".