Place:


Midville  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Midville like this:

MIDVILLE, a parochial township in Spilsby district, Lincoln; near Old Leake r. station, and 7 miles S by W of Spilsby. Post town, Boston. Acres, 3,450. Real property, £4,154. Pop., 152. Houses, 29. The property is chiefly divided among five. The surface is part of the East Fen, was formerly marsh, and has been drained. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £81. Patrons, the Bishop of Lincoln and Trustees. The church is a plain brick building with a bell-turret.

Midville through time

Midville is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Midville itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Midville, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13007

Date accessed: 23rd September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Midville ".