Place:


Kingston Seymour  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingston Seymour like this:

KINGSTON-SEYMOUR, a parish, with a village, in Bedminster district, Somerset; on the coast, adjacent to the Clevedon railway, 2½ miles W of Yatton r. station, and 3½ S by E of Clevedon. Post town, Yatton, Somerset. Acres, 3, 422; of which 780 are water. Real property, £7, 17 4. ...


Pop., 336. Houses, 55. The property time of Edward IV., but has been restored and greatly modernized. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £305.* Patrons, the Trustees of the late Mrs. Pigott. The church was thoroughly restored in 1865; and comprises nave. aisle, chancel, and porch, with tower and small spire. The churchyard con tains a well preserved ancient cross. There is a national school.

Kingston Seymour through time

Kingston Seymour is now part of North Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kingston Seymour itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingston Seymour in North Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13002

Date accessed: 22nd September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kingston Seymour ".