Place:


Melton Ross  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Melton Ross like this:

MELTON-ROSS, a parish in Glanford-Brigg district, Lincoln; adjacent to Barnetby-r. station. 5 miles NE by E of Brigg. Post town, Barnetby, under Ulceby. Acres, 1,755. Real property, £3,117. Pop., 168. Houses, 8 2. The manor belonged formerly to the Ross family,.and belongs now to the Earl of Yarborough. There are extensive lime-works. The living is a vicarage, united with the chapelry of New Barnetby, in the diocese of lencoln. Valne, £200.* Patron, Earl Manvers. The church is modern.

Melton Ross through time

Melton Ross is now part of North Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Melton Ross itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Melton Ross in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12999

Date accessed: 06th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Melton Ross ".