Place:


Kilton  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kilton like this:

KILTON, a parish in Williton district, Somerset; on the coast, 6 miles E by N of Watchet r. station. Posttown, Kilve, under Bridgewater. Acres, 1, 691; of which 140 are water. Real property, £1, 510. Pop., 174. Houses, 31. The property is divided among a few. The manor and much of the land belong to H. F. Luttrell, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £213.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is plain, and has a tower.

Kilton through time

Kilton is now part of West Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kilton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kilton in West Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12987

Date accessed: 25th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kilton ".