Place:


Keinton Mandeville  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Keinton Mandeville like this:

KEINTON-MANDEVILLE, or KINGTON-MANSFIELD, a village and a parish in Langport district, Somerset. The village stands near the river Brue, 4½ miles ENE of Somerton, and 6 SW by W of CastleCary r. station; and has a post office, of the name of Keinton-Mandeville, under Taunton, and a cattle fair on 3 Sept. ...


The parish comprises 770 acres. Real property, £1, 697. Pop., 538. Houses, 115. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to the Rev. D. W. Morrice. Blue lias is quarried. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £105. Patrons, Trustees. The church is early English; was partly rebuilt in 1800; comprises nave, aisles, and chancel, with embattled tower; and was reported in 1859 as not good. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Bible Christians, and a national school.

Keinton Mandeville through time

Keinton Mandeville is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Keinton Mandeville itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Keinton Mandeville in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12977

Date accessed: 05th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Keinton Mandeville ".