Place:


Isle Brewers  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Isle Brewers like this:

ISLE-BREWERS, a parish, with a village, in Langport district, Somerset; on the river Isle, adjacent to Isle-Abbots, 6 miles S by W of Langport r. station. Post town, Isle-Abbots, under Taunton. Acres, 1, 243. Real property, with North Bradon, £2, 938. Pop., 314. Houses, 65. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £220.* Patron, the Prince of Wales. The church was rebuilt in 1861; is in the early decorated English style; and comprises nave, chancel, and S porch, with tower and spire. Dr. Joseph Wolff was vicar.

Isle Brewers through time

Isle Brewers is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Isle Brewers itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Isle Brewers in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12976

Date accessed: 04th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Isle Brewers ".