Place:


Huish Champflower  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Huish Champflower like this:

HUISH-CHAMPFLOWER, a village and a parish in Dulverton district, Somerset. The village stands on the river Tone, 2¾ miles W by N of Wiveliscombe, and 9 NW of Wellington r. station; and has a post office under Wellington, Somerset. The parish comprises 2, 909 acres. Real property, £3, 370. ...


Pop., 444. Houses, 77. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to Sir WalterTrevelyan, Bart. Iron mines are on the N border, on the Brendon Hills. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £445.* Patron, Sir W.Trevelyan, Bart. The church is ancient; and consists of nave, aisle, and chancel, with a tower.

Huish Champflower through time

Huish Champflower is now part of West Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Huish Champflower itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Huish Champflower in West Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12966

Date accessed: 05th April 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Huish Champflower ".