Place:


Hornblotton  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hornblotton like this:

HORNBLOTTON, a parish in Shepton-Mallet district, Somerset; on the Fosse way, near the Mid-Somerset railway, 4½ miles WNW of Castle-Cary. Post town, Castle-Cary, under Bath. Acres, 1, 082. Real property, £1, 562. Pop., 93. Houses, 20. The manor belongs to the Rev. John G. D. Thring. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Alford, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. The church is early English, and has a wooden tower and a Norman font.

Hornblotton through time

Hornblotton is now part of Mendip district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mendip has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hornblotton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hornblotton, in Mendip and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12964

Date accessed: 05th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hornblotton ".