Place:


Holtby  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Holtby like this:

HOLTBY, a parish in York district and N. R. Yorkshire; 2 miles S by E of Stockton r. station, and 5 ENE of York. Post town, York. Acres, 1, 046. Real property, £1, 336. Pop., 165. Houses, 30. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to John Agar, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £248. * Patron, Lord Faversham. The church was rebuilt in 1792. Charities, £24.

Holtby through time

Holtby is now part of York district. Click here for graphs and data of how York has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Holtby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Holtby, in York and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12930

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Holtby ".