Place:


Hardington Mandeville  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hardington Mandeville like this:

HARDINGTON-MANDEVILLE, a village and a parish in Yeovil district, Somerset. The village stands near the Sutton-Bingham station of the Yeovil and Exeter railway, 2 miles from the boundary with Dorset, and 4 SW of Yeovil; and has a post-office, of the name of Hardington, under Yeovil. The parish comprises 2,631 acres. ...


Real property, £2,839. Pop., 668. Houses, 140. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to Lord Portman. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £471. * Patron, Rev. W. Vassall. The church, with the exception of the tower, was re-built in 1864; and is in the decorated English style.

Hardington Mandeville through time

Hardington Mandeville is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hardington Mandeville itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hardington Mandeville in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12926

Date accessed: 18th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hardington Mandeville ".