Place:


Lissington  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lissington like this:

LISSINGTON, a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln; on a small tributary of the river Witham, 2 miles NE of Wickenby r. station, and 4 NNW of Wragby. Posttown, Wragby. Acres, 1,526. Real property, £2,258. Pop., 245. Houses, 50. The manor belongs to Turnor, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £365.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of York. The church consists of nave and chancel, with bell-turret. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Lissington through time

Lissington is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lissington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lissington, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12920

Date accessed: 26th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lissington ".