Place:


Linwood  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Linwood like this:

LINWOOD, a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln; near the Lincoln and Grimsby railway, 2 miles S of Market-Rasen, and 3 NNE of Wickenby r. station. Posttown, Market-Rasen. Acres, 2,316. Real property, £2,544. Pop., 201. Houses, 37. The manor belongs to Capt. W.Gordon. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £420. * Patron, Capt. W.Gordon. The church is partly early English, partly decorated; consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with tower and spire; and contains canopied brasses of J. Lyndwode and family of 1419-21.

Linwood through time

Linwood is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Linwood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Linwood, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12917

Date accessed: 18th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Linwood ".