Place:


Hillam  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hillam like this:

HILLAM, a township in Monk-Frystone parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the North Midland railway, 4 miles N of Ferrybridge. Acres, 1, 660. Real property, £2, 233. Pop., 319. Houses, 77. Hillam Hall is a fine Tudor mansion. Limestone is largely quarried. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Hillam through time

Hillam is now part of Selby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Selby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hillam itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hillam, in Selby and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12906

Date accessed: 28th May 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hillam".