Place:


West Harlsey  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Harlsey like this:

HARLSEY (WEST), a township in Osmotherley parish, N. R. Yorkshire; 1¼ mile SSW of East Harlsey, Acres, 1,410. Real property, £1,410. Pop., 61. Houses, 7. Harlsey Castle here was built by Judge Strangeways, and is now a ruin.

West Harlsey through time

West Harlsey is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Harlsey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Harlsey, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12833

Date accessed: 14th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Harlsey ".