Place:


Legsby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Legsby like this:

LEGSBY, a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln; 3 miles NE of Wickenby r. station, and 3½ SE of Market-Rasen. It contains the hamlets of Bleasby and Collow; and its Post town is Wragby. Acres, 2,886. Real property, £2,796. Pop., 365. Houses, 70. The manor belongs to Mrs. Sutton. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £221. Patron, Mrs. Sutton. The church is a plain building. There are chapels for Wesleyans and United Free Methodists, and a national school.

Legsby through time

Legsby is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Legsby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Legsby, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12795

Date accessed: 18th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Legsby ".